Consolidated 3900 MPV Series Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve
GE’s unique pilot valve design combines enhanced performance, capabilities and features within an economical, modular assembly. The 3900 series valve design provides an optimized safety system that offers application versatility while providing cost-effective standardization.
1” (25 mm) through 12” (305 mm)
ASME Class 150 through 2500
2” (51 mm) through 16” (406 mm)
ASME Class 150 through 300
Eleven inlet sizes: D through T and Full bore options
-320°F (-196°C) to 650°F (343°C)
15 psig (1.03 barg) to 6250 psig (431 barg)
(Std.) Carbon steel base and 316 stainless steel internal components
(Std.) 316 stainless steel base and internal components
BACK PRESSURE LIMIT
Features and Benefits
- Closed bonnet for spring protection.
- Pilot gag prevents the pilot-operated relief valve from opening while equipment is undergoing operational hydrostatic testing.
- Pop action and modulating pilot allows for application versatility.
- Unique pilot seat design allows for self cleaning operation and is tolerant to icing and dirty conditions.
- Adjustable blowdown - the first and only non-flowing modulating pilot with main valve blowdown control.
- Remote actuation and sensing.
- Operation closer to set point improves process efficiency versus direct spring operated valves.
- The metal seat option incorporates proven technology from the 1900 series safety relief valve seat design.
- The addition of a heat exchanger increases the metal seat option temperature range to -320°F (-196°C) to 650°F (343°C).