Refinery and Chemicals
With our over 40 years of experience in serving industry, our professional sales representatives are well placed to provide the best solution for your application.
Contro Valve’s refining and chemical customers benefit from its complete service offering ranging from the supply of valves from many leading suppliers, to instruments for precise and reliable measurement to gas detection equipment to protect the labour force and equipment from the risks of toxic and explosive gases.
Products that are intrinsically safe and are qualified for use in hazardous areas
Many of the manufacturers that we represent produce products that are intrinsically safe and are qualified for use in hazardous areas. Some of the manufacturers that we represent for this segment include:
- MSA designs and manufactures a complete line of world-class detection products for oil, gas and petrochemical facilities monitoring. Oil, gas and petrochemical industries and corresponding potentially hazardous and combustible materials necessitate gas and flame detection and monitoring solutions. Chemical handling, storage and possible spills and leak require early detection and fast response using durable, reliable detection instruments.
- With its network of five major service and repair facilities across eastern Canada, Contro Valve has all the resources in place to handle the frequently tight turnaround schedules demanded by its refining and chemical customers. We know that successful turnarounds eliminate forced outages throughout a given operational cycle. With our highly trained personnel, Contro Valve leads your valve work, ensuring full compliance with industry safety and quality requirements. We’re registered with all main third-party auditing agencies such as the National Board and local regulators, and we understand the oil and chemical working environment.
- With over 100 years of expertise in the automation field, Yokogawa can bring you affordable solutions for improved operability and reduced environmental impact. With its extensive product portfolio, experienced engineers, and global sales and service network, Yokogawa has a solution for every plant process. In the ever-changing marketplace, refineries are seen not only as crude processing units but also as profit centers. At the same time, there is a keen awareness of the need for safety at such facilities. A total production solution that encompasses planning, scheduling, management, and control is required to achieve long-term goals for profitability, efficiency, and environmental protection.
- From monitoring raw-material input lines, to process optimization during the many refining steps, to environmental compliance monitoring and reporting – Galvanic systems deliver the utmost in ease-of-operation, precise measurements, consistent, field-proven performance and value.
- For over 85 years Protectoseal has been an industry pioneer and leading manufacturer of quality products that conserve and control volatile emissions and protect low pressure storage tanks, vessels and processes from fire and explosion. Their integrated line of pressure and vacuum relief vents, flame/detonation arresters and related vapor control devices are used across the chemical and refining industries.
- McCrometer’s V-Cone® flow meter is an innovative system that takes differential pressure flow measurement to another level. Designed for mild to harsh operating environments, and for a wide variety of fluids, this advanced flow meter consistently outperforms traditional DP devices and other flow technologies. It is particularly popular in refining applications due to its ability to handle turbulent flow conditions and non-magnetic fluids.