Food and Beverage
The food and beverage industry must produce safe, high-quality foods and beverages for consumers of a wide variety of products including beer; soft drinks; dairy products; packaged, canned, or pre-washed fruits and vegetables and baked goods.
No matter what the final end product, food and beverage manufacturers share a number of fundamental goals, such as:
- Achieving consistency in quality, look, taste, texture, stability, and shelf-life of products for consumers
- Assuring compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Maximizing yields, improving process efficiency, and minimizing production waste
Many of our suppliers provide products that are sanitary grade and/or FDA approved
Contro Valve can help food and beverage manufacturers achieve all three with a variety of valves and instruments that will perform under the most challenging process conditions. Many of our suppliers provide products that are sanitary grade and/or FDA approved.
Some examples of the of the manufacturers we represent for the food and beverage industry include:
- Masoneilan flow control valves and Consolidated safety valves are used throughout the food and beverage industry in a wide variety of manufacturing areas for such applications as protecting steam and utility systems, and accurate flow control for a wide variety of gases, liquids and slurries. For example, Camflex valves are used in breweries for flow control on the bottle filling line as well as on the glycol circuit.
- VEGA has decades of experience as a supplier of measuring instruments for the food industry. When it comes to sensors for hygienic processes, VEGA instruments measure level and pressure in tanks and other vessels with exceptional accuracy and very good reliability. They are also very easy to install, set up and put into operation.
- ABZ line of high precision butterfly valves are supplied with seats and liners that meet food grade standards.
- Yokogawa, as a supplier of field instruments, analytical equipment and a broad range of network solutions has a wealth of experience within all areas of the Food and Beverage industry with a solid track record in such varied industries as fruit juice, beer, sugar, flour milling and dairy to name a few. Given the importance of traceability in the food manufacturing process, Yokogawa’s line of data recorders such as the Button Operated DX1000/DX2000 supports custom graphics for industry applications, audit trail and advanced security conforming to FDA 21CFR Part 11.
- Whether you’re brewing beer, optimizing critical pharmaceutical-manufacturing processes, or monitoring industrial wastewater for contamination, you need rugged, reliable, real-time results to optimize your processes and assure consistent quality and regulatory compliance. Galvanic Applied Sciences delivers with its Monitek optical-technology-based turbidity, suspended solids, and color monitors, which delivers the highest performance-to-cost ratio of any in-line liquid process monitor on the market today.
- Brewing processes generate carbon dioxide and can create environments that may be hazardous to operators working throughout these facilities. MSA, working with the brewing industry, jointly developed Infrared gas monitors with a sample draw system using a standard MSA Ultima® XIR Infrared Sensor to address this important safety issue. Other work safety applications for MSA’s range of fixed gas detectors include oxygen monitoring, detection of flammable gases, and detection of ammonia gas around refrigeration systems using the Chillgard NH3 gas monitor.
- Worcester’s broad line of ball valves includes several models that are FDA/USDA/USP certified including the WK44, WK74 and WK70. They are all manufactured in high purity forged 316L stainless steel and assembled in clean room 100 conditions.